Starting a NOPE Task Force Chapter in Your County
The NOPE Task Force mission is to diminish the frequency and impact of overdose death through community education, family support and purposeful advocacy. The NOPE Task Force can only successfully spread that mission with the help of our Alliance members and community partners.
Role and Purpose of the Alliance
The role and purpose of the Alliance shall be to carry out the mission and programs of NOPE Task Force within the Alliance's assigned territory.
Relationship of the Alliance to NOPE Task Force
The Alliance is not a part of the NOPE Task Force corporate organization and operates separately from NOPE Task Force. Pursuant to the terms of a Support and Training Agreement, NOPE Task Force will grant to the Alliance rights to use NOPE Task Force program and materials within the Alliance's assigned territory. For training and alliance fees, please contact NOPE at 866-612-NOPE or click here.
Benefits Provided By NOPE Task Force
Specific benefits that NOPE Task Force will provide include:
- Right to use NOPE Task Force name and trademark
- Right to implement NOPE Task Force copyrighted research proven programs
- Right to use NOPE Task Force copyrighted videos and other informational materials
- Right to use NOPE Task Force's informative interactive website with personalized 5-page site for Alliance
- Copyrighted presentation materials and support
- On-going quantitative and qualitative research regarding efficacy of programs
Training: NOPE Task Force will conduct a 4-hour certification training for Alliance members and potential Alliance task force members. The training includes complete training guidebook and scripts, plus participation and review of Alliance's first presentation held on the day following the training.
Brochures and Handouts: NOPE Task Force will offer up-to-date informational brochures for students, parents, families and other interested individuals. NOPE Task Force also offers a student brochure template, parent booklet template and medication log booklet template, which are updated annually and can be tailored to the Alliance's locale.
Alliance Website Section: NOPE Task Force offers a 5-page website section on NOPE Task Force's website to the Alliance. The website pages include personalized information, including a presentation schedule and local information on where to get help. Information about local media, interviews and news articles may also be posted on these website pages.
Support Group: Format, rules and regulations for offering a Support Group are available if the Alliance chooses to implement one.
Responsibilities of the Alliance
The Alliance agrees to conduct its operations in a manner consistent with the bylaws, policies, Code of Conduct and procedures of NOPE Task Force.
Specific Alliance responsibilities shall include:
- Identify key partners in assigned territory to establish local task force
- Host NOPE Task Force training in assigned territory and invite key partners and potential task force members to attend
- Coordinate and deliver programs within school system and community in assigned territory
- Assist in developing and distributing NOPE Task Force directory of local licensed treatment service providers and local support groups in assigned territory
- Host Annual Candle Light Vigil